The deadline for entries is Friday, January 19, 2018. Winners will be notified in April and invited to attend a special awards ceremony.
The contest is sponsored each year by the Senior Literary Arts Class of George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology and is open to all BCPS students in Grades 6 – 8. Young writers are asked to submit their best and most polished works of poetry, fiction, and/or personal essay.
The contest rules are that:
- All submissions must be accompanied by a submission cover sheet.
- Students may submit only one entry per genre and must include a separate cover sheet for each submission.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, and double-spaced.
- All works must have a title. (Make it catchy, please!)
- Each page must be numbered and include the writer’s last name.
- Poetry must be no longer than 50 lines.
- Personal essay and fiction must be no longer than 10 double-spaced pages.
All submissions must be sent by mail to:
Carver Center for Arts and Technology
c/o Suzanne Supplee
938 York Road
Towson, MD 21204
For more information, please contact Supplee at email@example.com or 410-887-2775.